Sunday 14 March 2010

Mothering Sunday

'I want my daughters to be beautiful, accomplished and good; to be admired, loved and respected; to have a happy youth, to be well and wisely married, and to lead useful, pleasant lives, with as little care and sorrow to try them as God sees fit to send. ' Louisa May Alcott Little Women
I'm not a mother but my mother has two daughters. I'm not sure what her wishes were for us when she first held us in her arms. Did she hope we'd be beautiful? I think probably 'admired, loved and respected.' I thank my parents for our happy youth. I know she wished us to be wisely married and for me that was a wish she waited a long time for. In fact I often think that she worried about me meeting the right man far more than I ever did. But then she didn't know about the possibilities that filled my daydreams, I just shared the tears when those hopes were over. And now she can relax. And thankfully the sorrow we've shared as a family and with friends.
With love this Mothers' Day x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ooh how lovely more stripes on the page...
Thank you for taking the time.