Friday 5 March 2010

Dressing for Tea

'I can't think of any occasion – a tea party even – without seeing an exact picture of how I shall look at it, down to shoes and stockings. I often wonder how social life –or life at all – can be pleasure to people who don't care about dress. I'd hardly get myself out of bed in the morning if I hadn't something pretty and rather new to put on, and never get myself to a party.' Nancy Mitford The Blessings
Albertine to Juliette after she'd missed the ball as her new dress wasn't ready. (I wouldn't miss a party for not having something to wear now that's just silly) How much time do you spend thinking about what to wear? I spend lots of time, probably too much time but I do enjoy it, especially when I'm going to a wedding – which I am tomorrow. Off to have my nails painted.

pretty dress

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ooh how lovely more stripes on the page...
Thank you for taking the time.