Wednesday 9 May 2012

my own, my beautiful, my blossoming

There are a few precious puffs of blossoms left on the trees and so one last blossom quote


now all the fingers of this tree (darling) have
hands, and all the hands have people; and
more each particular person is (my love)
alive than every world can understand

and now you are and i am now and we're
a mystery which will never happen again,
a miracle which has never happened before -
and shining this our now must come to then

our then shall be some darkness during which
fingers are without hands; and i have no 
you;and all the trees are (any more than each
leafless) its silent in forevering snow

-but never fear (my own, my beautiful
my blossoming)for also then's until
e.e. cummings
blossom
Goodbye blossom - hello peonies

2 comments:

  1. I think that's possibly the most charming poem I've read in a long time. Sweet and heartfelt with just the right amount of yearning.
    Happy last blossoms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tonia - So pleased you liked this poem, a great one to read & read over & over again.

    ReplyDelete

Ooh how lovely more stripes on the page...
Thank you for taking the time.