Monday 7 May 2012

Castles in the air part 2

Thank you for your thoughts on castles in the air - wonderful daydreams. In the final pages of Good Wives the theme of the sisters' castles in the air concludes.


"And yet your life is different from the one you pictured so long ago. Do you remember our castles in the air?" asked Amy
...
"Yes, I remember; but the life I wanted then seems selfish, lonely and cold to me now. I haven't given up the hope that I may write a good book yet, but I can wait, and I'm sure it will be all the better for such experiences... said Jo
...
"My castle was the realized of all. I asked for splendid things, to be sure, but in my heart I knew I should be satisfied, if I had a little home, and John, and some dear children like these." said Meg.


"My castle is very different to from what I planned, but I would not alter it, though, like Jo, I don't relinquish all my artistic hopes, or confine myself to helping others fulfil their dreams of beauty.
daydream

Perhaps our real life is better than our castles in the air.

6 comments:

  1. I think that's in the very nature of castles in the air. Mine involves me moving quite far away from family and friends, so I've no real desire to make that castle a reality just yet. Possibly maybe in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tonia - You've reminded me that my sister used to talk about having attainable and unattainable dreams. Happy castles in the air contemplating.

      Delete
  2. Just lovely on a dull day. I'm not much of a day dreamer, so I enjoy it vicariously!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lilac - Glad it cheered you up today. How were your vicarious day dreams?

      Delete
  3. A lovely couple of posts. I guess that my castle in the air is quite a simple one - of having my own little family of sons and daughters (and of course my wonderful boyfriend to share it with). I Love Little Women so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Bookish Space - So glad you liked these posts. Happy Castles in the air dreaming to you & your boyfriend.

      Delete

Ooh how lovely more stripes on the page...
Thank you for taking the time.