Thursday 24 May 2012

Mischief going on

An unusual peony quote, but one nonetheless and straight from the mouth of the formidable Aunt March.

"But what is father's friend saying, to make you look like a peony? There's mischief going on, and I insist upon knowing what it is!" Louisa May Alcott Little Women
peony

This has made me think. If I was to look like a flower which would I choose? Although I love roses I wouldn't want the thorns so maybe a peony. Some days I can be all neat and tidy and then gradually more and more relaxed changing in shape. I could also be a variety of shades of pink and coral. What flower would you choose?

8 comments:

  1. In a fantasy I would love to be as sleek and chic as a calla lily but the truth is more like a clump of unruly daisies. Peonies are so pretty and I can't wait for ours to open, hopefully by the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darlene - oh yes to be a daisy prettying the everyday. Hope your peonies open this weekend.

      Delete
  2. As much as I'd love to even start out all neat and tidy, a quick look at my hair this morning suggests I'm more of an unruly dandelion, face turned to the sun.
    Love the idea that what someone is saying can make a person look like a peony!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tonia - hello & how are you? Would you be a yellow one too? I know I'm intrigued By what was said.

      Delete
  3. Lovely idea, which flower would I want to be...hmmm...I do love clematis. Also love Hollyhocks. Roses are definitely out because of the thorns. And peonies are the most beautiful, I think. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunday - I've only discovered clematis this year, having one in our garden. I've loved the gentle colour of them. Hope you have a lovely flower filled weekend.

      Delete
  4. I'd want to be a pansy because pansies are so bright and colorful. They always look like smiling faces. They are also one of the few really brilliant blue flowers and blue's my favorite color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMA - hello & what a wonderful reason To be like a flower for it's ability to look like a smiling face.

      Delete

Ooh how lovely more stripes on the page...
Thank you for taking the time.