Monday 15 March 2010

A White Rose

Discovering these wonderful white roses by Zoe Bradley reminded me of this poem.
'The red rose whispers of passion,
And the white rose breathes of love;
O the red rose is a falcon,
And the white rose is a dove.
But I send you a cream-white rosebud
With a flush on its petal tips;
For the love that is purest and sweetest
Has a kiss of desire on the lips.'
John Boyle O'Reilly 1844-1890
I do love roses, so much so that I knew they'd be the flowers for our wedding. Cream white rose but with a flush on its tips so well describes them. The time I really love roses is when they're just about to fade and wither. There's something even more delicate and precious about them. Is that unusual?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ooh how lovely more stripes on the page...
Thank you for taking the time.