Wednesday 4 January 2012

January Afternoon



"... she stood by the landing window. The twilight was disappearing into darkness; there was the wonderful pause which comes between the two. The chestnut tree stood out against the sapphire sky, black, calm and majestic. Such a winter's twilight is perhaps the most beautiful of all aspects of the year. She had never failed since she was a child to gaze at it on some December or January afternoon." F.M. Mayor The Rector's Daughter

It's my first day back at work today and I would much rather be standing by the landing window, or lying on the sofa reading, gazing at the twilight. Where would you like to be this January afternoon?
twilight

2 comments:

  1. I would like to be curled up in my bed with my rather good book which work keeps interrupting.

    Not long til half term Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Verity - Yes I think it's only 6 weeks away! Hope your new term goes well.

    ReplyDelete

Ooh how lovely more stripes on the page...
Thank you for taking the time.