Tuesday 17 January 2012

Her Heart

'Her heart - is given him, with all it's love and truth. she would joyfully die with him, or better than that die for him. She knows he has failings, but she thinks they have grown up through his being like one cast away, for the want of something to trust in, and care for, and think well of." Charles Dickens Our Mutual Friend
love
Re reading this passage I'm not so sure about what I think. Dying for someone? If I love you I want you to be with me through life. What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. I agree about dying with someone but not sure about dying for them as you say. Mr W and I have had several discussions about what will happen when one of us dies first- I hope that is many yearsoff though

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that a photo of Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward? It's lovely -- never seen it before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Verity You know you're going to be together forever when you have the death conversation. Here's to many many many years together.
    AJ Hello! I'm not sure. I should really investigate that.

    ReplyDelete

Ooh how lovely more stripes on the page...
Thank you for taking the time.