Thursday 27 May 2010

And his answer was 'I do'.

His hello was the end of her endings,
Her laugh was their first step down the aisle.
His hand would be hers to hold forever,
His forever was as simple as her smile.

An ocean couldn’t prevent it.
A New York minute wouldn’t let it pass.
Does the universe decide for us,
Which love will fade and which will last.

He said she was what was missing.
She said she instantly new.
She was a question to be answered.
And his answer was “I do.”

source

You all know why I've posted this poem today. I like Sex and The City. I was their age. They were single, in and out of love, wanting to be with someone and so was I. I didn't feel that I was that different, even if most of my friends were getting married. I enjoyed wondering what they'd be wearing that episode. Could I ever imagine myself wearing any of their outfits? Most of all I enjoyed the friendships. My friends are so important to me. Even though I have Warmth I still need my girlfriends. I love meeting up together, sharing, drinking, eating, shopping, laughing and being there when we need comfort. I feel so outrageously fortunate to have both in my life.

3 comments:

  1. I loved that poem, but what a tough episode that was. Can't wait to see Sex and the City 2!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I smile to see that you refer to your husband as Warmth. It describes so much to me how you feel about your soul mate, how much love you have for him. :)

    ReplyDelete

Ooh how lovely more stripes on the page...
Thank you for taking the time.