Thursday 20 May 2010

Crying

Out for supper to celebrate Mama Warmth's birthday. Conversation turned to our temperaments. How we react, who we inherit our repsonses from. A great conversation, especially as we're family but haven't known each other for years and years so are still getting to know each other. Me? I cry. Somehow others often find crying harder than a temper. I used to think that I didn't get angry. But then I realised that crying is my way of showing it. And always how does the other person respond? Hence why this quotation was recorded.

'Shit, he thinks. She's working herself up. Now she'll cry. She'll cry and I'll sit here like a lump, and once women start crying there's no way to make them stop.' Margaret Atwood The Blind Assassin

How do you express your emotions?
Image 1, 2 3

3 comments:

  1. I think you are the only other person I know other than myself who cries when they are angry. Especially if I am angry at someone who I cannot yell at (like a boss, or when I was little a parent). It's like my body doesn't know what else to do. And even if I can yell that bit only lasts for the first five to ten minutes and then the waterworks come. And yes, other people do not react very well to it, I think they really would prefer a horrid screaming fit over crying.
    Of course I also cry when happy, moved, sad, etc. So basically I am a major weeper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad I'm not the only one and yes I cry with any emotion - hence why I walked down the aisle on my wedding day with a tear rolling down my cheek....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've forgotten about that quote. Love Atwood, love the pictures. Great post.

    ReplyDelete

Ooh how lovely more stripes on the page...
Thank you for taking the time.