Monday 5 November 2012

love and courage

Rachel mentioned that she'd be hosting a read along of Someone at a Distance in the second week of November and lo and behold I just happened to be reading that novel. Rachel will I'm sure write the most wonderful and thought provoking posts. So I shall mainly focus on favourite passages. There were two that really spoke to me, passages that stick with you and one hopes to remember and return to when needed.

'You must go on with love and courage... and trust to God to carry you forward through your life.'
.... 'I think the way to grow in faith is to behave as if all God's promises are true, and miraculously, you find that they are.' Dorothy Whipple Someone at a Distance

faith


10 comments:

  1. Oh, haven't read Someone at a Distance for a long time now - was my first introduction to Whipple and I loved it. Must go back to the library and take it out again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tonia - I found it a fascinating read, a perfect laze on a warm sofa read.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful quote...and a great way to live! Someone at a Distance is the only Persephone my library system owns - I really should check it out. It sounds so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anbolyn - Oh do. It's very English but the story line....

      Delete
  3. I'll look forward to reading your posts. Someone at a Distance is a lovely book with so many beautiful quotes, it will be hard to choose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JoAnn - Why thank you, I'm really interested in reading Rachel's thoughts on the book.

      Delete
  4. Wonderful quotes, they make me want to read this book and join in on the read-along. I am off to check this out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunday - Oh do join in. It's in someways a simple book but the story & feelings run deep & strong.

      Delete
  5. What a perfect quote! Thanks for mentioning the read a long...I am currently a third of a way through and literally racing to bed every night to get immersed in it! It's fantastic, even better than I remember. Such a treat of a novel! Can't wait to hear your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel - Hope you had time to finish it this weekend. I did enjoy it, & more so have been thinking about it alot after finishing it.

      Delete

Ooh how lovely more stripes on the page...
Thank you for taking the time.