Monday 1 November 2010

Travels With My Aunt

I had a slight panic in the days leading up to Florence that I only had one book. As part of The Duty Free Shopping Experience we went to WHS Books. I found Graham Greene's Travels With My Aunt. It was perfect for this trip.

"I find it difficult myself to go away for a night without a rather heavy suitcase, for I am uneasy if I have not at least one change of suit and that entails also a change of shoes. A change of shirt, a change of underclothes and of socks are almost essential to me, and taking into consideration the vagaries of the English climate I like to take some woollens just in case." Graham Greene Travels With My Aunt

slightly overpacked

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like entirely sensible packing to me! Hope Florence was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should pass that quote on to my mom, we are always teasing her about the giant suitcases she takes along for the shortest of trips!

    ReplyDelete

Ooh how lovely more stripes on the page...
Thank you for taking the time.