Wednesday 7 July 2010

Know me, look at me

Warmth wanted to read a new book. He wanted suggestions. I suggested Suite Francaise. He loved it. It's brought back my memories. He cried on the tube at the end. That's one of the many reasons I love him.

'Not a word of their true feelings was spoken; they didn't kiss. There was simply silence. Silence followed by feverish passionate conversations about their own countries, their families, music, books... They felt a strange happiness, an urgent need to reveal their hearts to each other - the urgency of lovers, which is already a gift, the very first one, the gift of the soul before the body surrenders. Know me, look at me. This is who I am. This is how I have lived, this is what I have loved. And you? What about you my darling?' Irene Nemirovsky Suite Francaise

lovers

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is a beautiful passage! And I think your husband is a doll, any man who not only loves to read but really gets into it is a treasure indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful words...your blog is lovely.

    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete

Ooh how lovely more stripes on the page...
Thank you for taking the time.