Monday 3 May 2010

Persephone Reading Week

So along at The B Files and Paperback Reader a Persephone Reading Week has been organised. The book I've chosen is Lady Rose and Mrs Memmary by Ruby Ferguson. I've planned a week of Persephone quotes, a little like Nancy Mitford Week in February, in this little blog space.
The quotes are in the order which I read the books. My first thought.
My first Persephone book was, like many others before me, 'Miss Pettigrew Lives for the Day' which I did love and have enjoyed re-reading, (it's one of my go-to books when I'm ill.) However, I have no favourite passages to share from it. Do you find that happens you can love a book but no passages speak out and sometimes don't really enjoy the story but lots of passages speak to you?
The order of the quotes, even though across two books (Mariana and Greenery Street) just happen to make a story. A story of hoping to meet love, then meeting love, then the first flush of marriage and then the thought of what your joint future holds together - will you grow as a unit?
Anyway enough of me onto the quotes.


Endpaper from Lady Rose and Mrs Memmary

3 comments:

  1. Lady Rose and Mrs Memmary is a delightfully charming read; I loved it and count it as one of my favourite Persephone reads.

    Miss Pettigrew is definitely a go-to comfort read for when ill or not feeling oneself.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love your idea of sharing the quotes! I'm reading the Ferguson for the first time too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paperback Reader - So far I'm really enjoying reading Lady Rose, it may become one of my favourites.
    Thank you rambling fancy - I'll keep an eye out for your review.

    ReplyDelete

Ooh how lovely more stripes on the page...
Thank you for taking the time.