Friday 28 May 2010

Little poems of cakes.

One Fine Day - Laura is having a cup of tea and cake in her local cafe. There is only seed cake left. 'toothsome ghosts of food kept floating back from the past'. She is prompted to reminisce on her honeymoon travels in Europe. She remembers eating 'delicious little poems of cakes'. In the age of austerity she's now in she can all but daydream of that time... So, a delightful line and one written for a sunny Friday afternoon.

Which 'little poem of cake' will you choose?


source, source, source, source

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, what a lovely phrase - I'd forgotten that. Make mine some Victoria sponge please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, those all look so delicious! I'm quite partial to petits fours, I think they are adorable to look at and I love that their bite sized proportions allow me to have several different flavors in one sitting. I am usually that person standing in front of the cake display for a half hour holding up the line because I can't choose! Might have to get some for this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Ooh how lovely more stripes on the page...
Thank you for taking the time.