Saturday 21 August 2010

He Wishes for...

To end this wedding feast memory lane...

I have always loved this poem and Warmth went on about not really understanding it, what was it all about. Still we had it on one of the tables. And then... he read it to me as part of his speech....

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half-light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
W.B. Yeats

Thank you for indulging me.

8 comments:

  1. May your dreams always be under the gentlest, nimblest of feet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I love that you are reminiscing over a series of days. And I love that you call your husband Warmth. So wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a lovely time scrolling through the photos - what a wonderful celebration and so many thoughtful inclusions! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it was absolutely our pleasure! It has been so wonderful to get a glimpse into your wedding, and into your love story. I've loved every single post, thanks for sharing this with us!
    And I adore this poem as well, one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely shot! Hope you are having a perfect weekend! Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all so much. I wasn't sure if I'd over done it a bit.

    ReplyDelete

Ooh how lovely more stripes on the page...
Thank you for taking the time.