Wednesday 18 August 2010

22nd August 2009

Please indulge me as I re-live the memories from this time last year. Photographs a mixture of professional and friends.


Today favourite words from our service.
Thou wilt show me the path of life;
In thy presence is stillness and joy.
Psalm 16:11




'Glorious in His faithfulness'
Praise my soul the king of heaven - Henry Francis Lyte


'My beloved speaks and says to me:
'Arise, my love, my fair one,
and come away;
for now the winter is past,
the rain is over and gone.
The flowers appear on the earth;
the time of singing has come...'
Set me as a seal upon your heart,
as a seal on your arm;

Song of Songs 2:10-13;6,7



'And now, my friends, all that is true, all that is noble, all that is just and pure, all that is lovable and gracious, whatever is excellent and admirable - fill your thoughts with these things.

Philippians 4: 4-9



'Be thou my best thought in the day and the night,

both waking and sleeping, thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Vision Irish Traditional



'Tell out, my soul, the glories of His word:
Firm is His promise, and His mercy sure
Tell out, my soul, the greatness of the Lord
To children's children and for evermore.'

Bishop Timothy Dudley-Smith


The Lord Bless you and keep you,
The Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you.
The Lord lift up the light of His countenance upon you,
and give you peace. Amen
John Rutter

6 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhh, how lovely. Some of my very favourite hymns, you can't go wrong with singing Tell out my soul or Praise my soul very loudly. Be thou my vision also good, but has me in tears as we had it at the funeral of one of my very good friends three and a half years ago. John Rutter is another favourite of mine - I've been to a singing day with him and going to another in October, and I think that is probably my favourite John rutter piece. Kind of wishing we'd gone for the traditional church wedding too now! Happy wedding remembering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the lines from Song of Songs: another one for the quote wall. And it looks as though you had a wonderful day, may your anniversary not be blighted by moving difficulties!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful quotes you chose! I go to a lot of weddings and I do get a bit bored when EVERYONE chooses the same readings - you chose some absolutely lovely, lovely verses.

    Be thou my vision is my favourite hymn - I got baptised on my 21st birthday and that's the hymn I chose to sing afterwards. If I ever get married, I'll have it at my wedding - it's very dear to my heart!

    Looks like you had a beautiful day - you started my morning off with a smile, thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful words! I sang The Lord Bless You and Keep You in my school chamber choir, I adore John Rutter's music. It looks like it was a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwwwwwwww!!! This is so sweet, I am absolutely teary over some of these words. What a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your kind comments - I'm not a singer but if I were I think I'd like to sing the Rutter.

    ReplyDelete

Ooh how lovely more stripes on the page...
Thank you for taking the time.