Friday 21 January 2011

Flowers

Just beacause it's Friday and nearly the end of January.
Seeing this image at the Dior Illustrated exhibition instantly made me think of this poem.
Flowers
Some men never think of it.
You did. You'd come along
And say you'd nearly bought me flowers
But something had gone wrong
....
It made me smile and hug you then.
Now I can only smile.
But, look, the flowers you nearly brought
Have lasted all this while.
Wendy Cope

Miss Dior 1971

It was a small exhibiton but it prompted many thoughts.

7 comments:

  1. One of my favourite Wendy Cope poems!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you like it. It's a poem that grows each time I read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Dior illustrations! My mother always wore Miss Dior and I always wore (and still do) Diorissimo. I can't help but think how she would have enjoyed that exhibition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helen - Hsving loved the Diorissimo pictures I know want to smell the scent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joan love the poem and the illustration, wonderful!

    to brighten your day....

    Come and join my Gorgeous Giveaway from Blydesign!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karena and Willa - so glad you both liked it.

    ReplyDelete

Ooh how lovely more stripes on the page...
Thank you for taking the time.