Friday 2 April 2010

Gethsemane

I like the rhythm of the church calender reading familiar passages stirs me to return to a pattern of reflection. To start a fresh with finding time to contemplate. I'm hoping to go to a Good Friday service today. A time to reflect, pause for thought and pray.
'My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.'
Matthew 26 v.39
Whenever I read this it reminds and challenges me to realign my perspective. Not my will but yours. It's just as important that it's to family, friends, colleagues, strangers as it is to God, or whoever our bigger being is. I'm getting better at thinking about 'your will', or perhaps 'our will' with Warmth. I will always be working at finding time to pause in my day to day, week to week life and listen and put your will first. Just when I reach the place I was aiming for I will discover a higher place. And yet, isn't that what makes our world so wonderful?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ooh how lovely more stripes on the page...
Thank you for taking the time.