Tuesday 18 September 2012

suggestion of the haphazard

It's London Fashion Week and I've really loved reading all about it on my Twitter feed, funny that a few weeks ago my Twitter feed was all Olympics and Paralympics

'She had slightly more than average height, and was very dark and slim, with large Laurencin eyes and the negligent grace of the trained athelete...
Her clothes were incomparable, with just that suggestion of the haphazard which raised them high above the mere chic of the mannequin.
Her character was a lovely harmony of contending virtues - she was witty and tender-hearted; passionate and serene, sensual and temperate, impulsive and discreet.' Evelyn Waugh Vile Bodies

Temperley 
Oh to wear this dress next year - with the yellow shoes.

1 comment:

  1. Took me time to read all the comments, but I really love the article. It proved to be very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here! It’s always nice when you can not only be informed, but also engaged! I’m sure you had joy writing this article.

    ReplyDelete

Ooh how lovely more stripes on the page...
Thank you for taking the time.