Monday 26 March 2012

Warm delicious beauty

This weekend has just been glorious so this seems a perfect Monday post.

"The most thrilling day of the year, the first real day of Spring had enclosed its warm delicious beauty even to London eyes. It had put a spangle in every colour and a new tone in every voice, and city folks walked as though they carried real bodies under their clothes with real live hearts pumping the still blood through." Katherine Mansfield Something childish but very natural

spring 
How was your weekend?

8 comments:

  1. 'Real bodies under their clothes': it has been difficult to tell until today where the woollens ended and the person began. I had feared a merging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tonia - Suddenly when warm weather arrives this quote makes such sense. Venturing out today with out socks & a coat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The annual spring wardrobe crisis has arrived, black opaques are too winter, bare legs are too summer, chinos it will have to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lilac - oh yes at this time of year I get fed up of trousers. This year I've pink skinny ones to help the transition, plus trusty footless tights. Until the weather cools...

      Delete
  4. Love Katherine Mansfield. Tried to explain to my teenage daughters that shorts and camisoles are a little premature but they are having none of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vintage Reading - what other Mansfield have you read? One of the first quotes in my teenage quote book is from a short story of hers I read for English GCSE. I 'd like to read more what do you recommend? Are your daughters still in cami's today?

      Delete
  5. We are on the same wavelength, I started my recent blog post with a quote by Katherine also. And yes, I agree with Vintage, she is a marvelous writer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunday - I love it when that happens with blogging. Off to read your post now.

      Delete

Ooh how lovely more stripes on the page...
Thank you for taking the time.