Wednesday 21 September 2011

Polite and Cheery


Oh Anne and all the time she spends with her sister Mary, the lovely Mrs Smith. Surely she must have thought this sometimes? I know I did.

'I help little old ladies across the road. I'm polite and cheery... I don't leave litter. I give to charities. I don't lay music too loud. When mail is misdelivered, I promptly repost it... When I'm tired of clothes I take them clean and neatly folded to a charity shop... I give blood... I eat carefully... I'm told I'm attractive. I'm told I'm good company. I don't want to be rich. I don't want to be famous. I don't want to rule the country. I'm twenty-six and all I want, please is someone I can love.' Tibor Fischer The Collector Collector

waiting

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely quote - am sure there are so many out there (thankfully not me!) who are patiently waiting and thinking these thoughts. Funny ... I am re-reading P+P AGAIN - must be at least the sixth time - what is it with Austen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. potter jotter - and what do you think of Persuasion? Enjoy your autumn reread.

    ReplyDelete

Ooh how lovely more stripes on the page...
Thank you for taking the time.